Monday 10 July 2017

Mojo Warm-Up Blooms


Do you sometimes feel like you need a quick and easy project to get your mojo going? Kind of like warming up for when you do exercise? I've been struggling to get into the craft room lately (and also to the gym, but that's another story), not sure why but it just felt overwhelming and I tried to start a few cards but they were all just horrible.


Then I saw an amazing card on Instagram, which of course I can't find again... it was a gorgeous flower stamp on a blue background, coloured probably with watercolour markers. I tried to find it again - you know how Instagram always brings up those same donuts over and over again... but I just can't find that card again. Anyhow, long story short I was going to CASE that card as I happened to see that the challenge over at AAA Cards and Less Is More is One Layer with a coloured card base. But then it warped into something different when I had a dig around my huge stash of unused card and I found some rainbow coloured card which looks awesome as a A4 sized sheet but really doesn't work very well when cut down in size... But I thought it would work for this design. I was planning to colour in the gorgeous STAMPlorations Blossom Sprays #1 stamp. After I stamped and heat embossed it I decided to take a minimalist approach instead and just leave it as it is. All it needed was a bold sentiment from Noteworthy 2 and a fashion photo shoot together with my gorgeous hydrangea. If you come back tomorrow I'll show you the card I made after I had flexed my crafty muscles with these "warm up" cards. 




Card: Rainbow coloured card (it doesn't say what brand/make it is, I bought it on eBay...)
Stamps: STAMPlorations Blossom Sprays #1, Noteworthy 2
Ink: Tsukineko Versafine
Other: Papermania Seafoam White embossing powder


STAMPlorations discount code: If you want to save 20% when shopping at the STAMPlorations store you can use the code STAMPGIRLKAROLA at checkout. The discount applies to all normal priced and discounted stamps, stencils and dies. The code cannot be combined with other discount codes. 

12 comments:

sentsue said...

Very nice color blending. I have not perfected it yet. Love your one layer.

Susan said...

Pretty backgrounds! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Trina P. said...

So pretty. Lucky you to have bought that cardstock. Love the white embossed images. Thank you for joining us at Less is More in collaboration with AAA Cards.

Jane said...

Both cards are so pretty. Just love the gentle colours on both your base cards and the floral spray looks amazing embossed in white and left alone. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Kathyk said...

Delightful makes and such delicate shading too

Kathyk

LucieGCards said...

Oh wow! I thought this card had an ink-blended background! What beautiful cardstock you had in your stash! I love how you left the image after heat embossing it! It's difficult to do that, but so very effective. Great card! Thanks for playing with us at AAA Cards!

Linda said...

These are beautiful .... I love the white embossing against the delicate backgrounds xx

Viv said...

Such a pretty card, love the colour and beautiful embossing. You could share this with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' as our theme is Embossing' this month and of course it has flowers on too ;) Viv xx

Unknown said...

Theses are so pretty

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Wow! What a fantastic way to use that rainbow cardstock! It looks amazing with just the whit embossing on it ( and I hear what you say about the A4 size working). So glad you came across it when searching for stuff for this challenge because it looks incredible. Ha! I always have the same trouble with re-finding things that catch my eye on Instagram! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More xx

Tracie Pond said...

Beautiful white embossing. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

Ceal said...

so pretty! thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!