Sunday 20 November 2016

Colourful Circles


It's rather grey and dreary out there so I thought we really need a card with bright colours today. I was inspired by the new challenge over at AAA Cards which is circles. I was also inspired by the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch and the CAS Mixup challenge where I have already played along twice this month but could not resist a third go as I think this month's challenge of Stamping+Masking+Your choice (die cutting in my case) is just so much fun I couldn't resist a third go. I'm also linking up with Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With a Die Cut challenge.




I started by inking through the ARTplorations Bubble Dance stencil using Distress inks Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean and Picked Raspberry. I just love how the colours blend and you get so many more colours than you start with. Then I used the CUTplorations Happy Word die and die cut words for the sentiment from Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid paper and black card. To complete the sentiment I stamped the word Birthday from STAMPlorations Balloons And Banners. Last, I added a lot of Ice Stickles for some bling. 



Card: 250 gsm white card, scarp of black card
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean and Picked Raspberry
Stamps: STAMPlorations Balloons And Banners
Stencils: ARTplorations Bubble Dance 
Dies: CUTplorations Happy Word die
Other: Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid paper, Ranger Ice Stickles

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a lot of pretty circles, Karola! I love all the happy! Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Lovely soft colours Karola. Thanks again for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Susan said...

What wonderful happy colours to go with the great sentiment die! Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

Leigh Penner said...

This is so fun! Great take on the sketch!

Melissa L. said...

Oh yeah! Love that stencil and the way you used it, Karola! Gorgeous CASness. Love the rainbow on white and the die cut 'happy'. Gorgeous design! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

maria f. said...

Well of course! That's the perfect stencil to use for "circles"! Love this card.

nancy littrell said...

So fun and colorful with all your circles and triple sentiments. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up Karola.

Sherri Thacker said...

This card works great for all these challenges. I love it!

Jenny Colacicco said...

This is so cool, and you're right these colours blend perfectly together. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards! Jenny x