Saturday 26 March 2016

Rainbows, clouds and dragons


While you read this I'm back home in Finland enjoying Easter with my family, far far away from my craft room. Unfortunately I managed to catch a terrible cold just before I was leaving. Fortunately my family is choc-a-block with doctors of the medical kind (not a "namby-pamby" PhD doctor like me, as my medical doctor sister likes to remind me!) so I was pumped full of drugs (of the legal kind) and the flight wasn't too uncomfortable despite blocked sinuses and lots of mucus. I think I have now gotten over the worst of it and feel much better. I have been busy stocking up on Finnish chocolate to take back home (it's the best chocolate in the world, forget about Belgian or Swiss, Finnish milk chocolate is simply the best) as well as a whole new stash of Moomin towels.

I made this card a while ago but haven't gotten around to post it until now. It's created almost exclusively using things from my leftover stash box. Last summer I created rainbow coloured backgrounds using the smooshing technique with Tim Holtz Distress Paints,  the journalling card in the background is one I created back then and it's been hanging around in my leftover box ever since. I also put together the rainbow from leftover die cuts, and the sentiment was found in the same leftover box, I have no recollection of when I created them. Last but not least, the dragon from Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After has also been coloured and die cut very lovingly at some point but then abandoned in the leftover box. So all I had to do to create this card was to die cut the clouds from a scrap of vellum, put all the pieces together and add a dash of stickles to the rainbow. It feels so good to give the leftover bits a home and created something lovely at the same time.

I'm linking up with the following challenges:
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - L is for legend
Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes
Freshly Brewed Challenge - Happy Birthday
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  - Come Rain or Shine (I'm assuming rainbow is close enough...)
City Crafter Challenge - On Cloud Nine
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes with a twist - cute creature

Card: White 300 gsm card, scraps of coloured card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, Dovecraft 110 gsm vellum, 300 gsm watercolour paper
Ink: Various Tim Holtz Distress inks and Distress markers
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After and matching dies
Dies: Lawn Fawn Rainbow, Puffy Clouds, Stitched Journalling Card and Scripty Happy Birthday border die
Other: Ranger Ice Stickles

10 comments:

Wei Wei said...

Wow! Such a stunning card! Love your beautiful background! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

Donna said...

Such a cute little dragon!! Glad to hear you are feeling better! Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for "L is for Legend"

Ros Crawford said...

This is so cute and colourful!! I love your take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing playing at CCCB!!

baileyrosy.com said...

What a fantastic card and good for you using your leftovers to make this beauty. Such a bright and happy card. Hope you are feeling much better and are able to enjoy Easter with your family.

Marie

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

I wish my "abandoned goodies" look as good as yours. I'm glad you were able to put this card together! I adore that dragon. Thanks for playing along in the "L is for Legend" challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Stella said...

Colorful, brioght happy and your dragon is a sweetie:) I love the splash of colors and your take on our theme is brilliant. I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Billie A said...

Cute, colorful and fun. Thanks for sharing over at Inspiration Destination.

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous! Love the background, the rainbow, the dragon... everything! Hope you're fully recovered now. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Anonymous said...

These are leftovers? Okay! Are these the drugs talking to us? These can't be leftovers :D Your card is great, I love the glitter and the smooshing - I love that word, hehe!

Glad you feel better :)

Jessa

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Love it, beautiful card. Thanks for joining our Legendary challenge at SoSS