Monday 29 February 2016

Happy Birthday from Fox and Hedgehog


I really am good at procrastinating, so I spent a lot of time in the craft room this weekend as I really would have needed to clean the house. This is another card I made while feeling guilty about all the dishes piled up in my kitchen. I did end up cleaning a few rooms after making this card so fear not, I won't drown in filth. Just wishing the weekends would last longer so I would have more crafting time. I will do my best to leave work on time at least one day this week, so hopefully I will manage some more crafty time soon!

This card was inspired by the tag over at Tag You're It. I loved the cute fox and hedgehog on the inspiration tag, so I thought I would make my own tag with a cute Lawn Fawn fox and hedgehog. My other inspiration was the sketch over at Retrosketches which worked perfectly with the tag theme and the colours over at Chocolate Baroque challenge. I'm also linking up with Daring Cardmakers where the theme is to use a resist technique. 




Card: 300 gsm textured card, Hobbycraft 190 gsm white card
Paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Bokeh In the Snow, Let's Polka
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Sending Hedgehugs, Party Animal and matching dies
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks Festive Berries, Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade
Colouring: Copics
Other: Lawn Fawn Tag You're It and Stitched Rectangle dies


10 comments:

Svenja said...

Super cute card! The colours are lovely and I want to adopt that cuddly fox...

Kara Lynne said...

Those two make quite a pair of party animals! Great use of the color and sketch challenge along with TYI, what a wonderful birthday card! Thanks so much for joining in on the fun over at Tag, You're It!

Miri said...

I like your card a lot! Thanks for sharing it with the Daring Cardmakers this week. Your resist background in these vibrant colours is lovely!!!

judith@poppy cottage said...

Thanks for sharing your cute card in the Chocolate Baroque challenge. Great use of the colours, and the resist background is very effective. Hope to see you again, Judith xx

Dawn said...

Love the colours you have used and the fox and hedgehog are super cute. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

The fox and hedgehog really suit those colours. It's such a super sweet card.
Procrastinating over cleaning the house? Yes, I think we all do that! Craft room wins over cleaning every time ha ha!
Sharon xx

anja curvers said...

WoW this is great love the colors and the design. Glad you Joined us over at Tag You're it.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I am good at procrastinating too, love the party hats on these cute critters. Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Jeanne J. said...

Oh this is amazing! I love the colors and the neat background not to mention your party animals!

Claire said...

Such a cute card! thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Challenge
Claire xx