Saturday 21 November 2015

Welcome Baby from Down Under


First thing I did when I woke up this morning was heading to the craft room. It's been too long old friend! I had loads of fun getting out and old Lawn Fawn stamp set for the In With the Old challenge over at Lawnscaping.  I thought this would be a perfect baby card for a friend, as she is from Australia. I was inspired by the awesome sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches and the colours over at Your Next Stamp 


 

I die cut the grass using the Lawn Fawn Grassy border die, and the front panel from watercolour paper using a Stitched Rectangle die. I watercoloured the sky using Broken China Distress ink, and the grass using Peeled Paint. Then I stamped the adorable kangaroo and koala from Critters down under, coloured them with Copics and die cut using matching dies. Last, I stamped the sentiment in black ink, attached a strip of Let's Polka DSP and adhered the front panel using foam tape.

Card: 300 gsm watercolour card, white hammered 300 gsm card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters Down Under and matching dies
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress ink Broken China and Peeled Paint
Colouring: Copics E00, E34, E39, YG11, YG13, YG15
Paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Polka
Other: Lawn Fawn Grassy Border and Stitched Rectangle dies




6 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Love how you've pulled together all those inspirations for this gorgeous card. So fresh and such adorable wee animals xx

Jen Mitchell said...

Ooh, what an adorable baby card. I love your watercolored background and the little Aussie friends! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Thanh Vo said...

Glad you got some crafty time in and made this adorable card to boot! Love it. Your execution of the YNS sketch is perfect! Thanks for hanging out with us.

Narelle Farrugia said...

I totally love this card! I have never seen this image before and I'm an aussie! I am loving that kangaroo with the joey in it's pouch - a wonderful baby card Thanks of rejoining us at FMS this week!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What a sweet card! The water colored background looks great, so soft and pretty. Thanks for sharing your take on the YNS #27 color challenge.

hollybeary creations said...

Love the soft look you created with the watercolors.. Great use of the challenge colors. Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp.