Sunday 22 November 2015

Thank you, you are so sweet!


Someone recently helped me with a big thing. Actually, it's already quite a few weeks ago. I wanted to get a little something for them as a thank you, but as usual, it has taken me an eternity to actually manage to complete the complicated task of buying a box of chocolates. I know, for a project manager, I suck at managing anything outside of work (whether or not I manage to do it at work is currently debatable also...). Anyhow, to make up for the delay in getting the thank you to the person, I thought at least I can make it look nice. After all, isn't that the whole justification of buying tons and tons of crafting supplies? So not only did I make a thank you card with some sweets on (I don't have a stamp with Ferrero Rochers, so I thought I would just go with something else sweet I happened to have a stamp for), but also a tag to go on the box of chocs. 

Today's card and tag were inspired by the wonderful inspiration image over at The Challenge.  I loved everything about the image - the colours, the macaroons of course and the woodgrain of the table. The layout was inspired by the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch. I'm also linking up with the Thank You themed challenges over at Shopping Our Stash and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge



I started by die cutting a panel using the Stitched Rectangle dies from watercolour paper. I stamped the gorgeous macarons in archival ink and watercoloured with Distress inks. I stamped the sentiments in Marina Mist, and matted the front panel on Marina Mist cardstock before attaching to kraft card stamped with the Hardwood stamp. For the tag, I die cut the tag from Marina Mist card using a die from Tag Your're It. I stamped the matching stamp in black onto kraft card, and fussy cut the inside panel for the tag. I stamped macarons in Vintage Photo and partly watercoloured them. Last, I stamped and die cut the banner, and smudged some Marina Mist ink onto it before stamping the sentiment, also from Tag You're It. Last, I added some Tim Holtz paper twine.

Card: 300 gsm watercolour paper, Stampin' Up Marina Mist card, kraft card
Ink: Stampin' Up Marina Mist, Tsukineko Staz-On Jet Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain and Ground Espresso
Stamps: STAMPlorations Sugar Rush, Stampin' Up Hardwood, Lawn Fawn Scripty Sayings, Tag Your're It and matching dies
Other: Tim Holtz Paper Twine

12 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous card and tag set! Love the colours and macaroons lokk delish! They are sure to be appreciated.
Hugs
Carol x

Diane Jaquay said...

Wow, awesome card and tag set, perfect use of the inspiration photo! Thanks so much for playing along this week at The Challenge!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Darling card! I love how you combined the inspiration photo with the sketch. So clever and unique! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Challenge!

An Occasional Genius said...

Oh yes, your helpful friend will be delighted i'm sure! I love the use of the woodgrain stamp here, not the first thing you'd think to pair with macaroons but it's fabulous xx

Meihsia Liu said...

Both the tag and card are so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Lesley said...

Love your touch of woodgrain and the matching tag! Superb! Thanks so much for joining us at The Challenge!

Lori said...

This is so sweet! Love how you colored the macarons. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Totally Cute!! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge, hope that you are able to join us again soon!!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Love the card and the matching tag! So FUN! Thank you for joining us at The Challenge this week! XX

Dana M said...

Gorgeous tag and card! Beautiful water coloring too!

Chana Malkah said...

Great job! Your tag is well composed! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet! Fabulous take on the sketch!