Sunday 15 November 2015

Pinkie the Reindeer


To compensate for the lack of crafting time in the week, I'm making up for lost time in the weekend. So today I'm publishing not one but two posts (I would have published the other tomorrow, but they are both for challenges ending today). The Culinary Consultant enjoyed a boy's night out last night and has had a very uncharacteristic sleep-in to recuperate, so I have had a long quiet morning in the craft room. I started watching Mr Selfridge on Netflix, it's the perfect companion to crafting. Not too complex to follow when half-watching and half-listening, a bit of idle silliness. 

My first card of the day is inspired by the Pink, Green and White challenge over at Merry Monday. I decided to combine this colour scheme with the Reindeer challenge over at One Layer Christmas Cards. I'm also linking up my glittery reindeer over at ABC Christmas Challenges where the theme is W is for Wild Thing and over at Just Us Girls where the theme is watercolour (this is my 2nd entry for this challenge). Last but not least I'm also linking up over at the STAMPlorations Anything Goes challenge. 





I started by dabbing Versamark ink through the Christmas Reindeer stencil and heat embossed with holographic embossing powder. I then watercoloured the background in Mowed Lawn and Picked Raspeberry Distress inks. After drying the watercolour with a heat gun I heat embossed the sentiment and the snowflakes in white ink.

Card: 300 gsm watercolour paper
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark, Tim Holtz Distress ink Mowed Lawn and Picked Raspberry
Stamps: STAMPlorations Holiday Sketches Christmas Candles, Lawn Fawn Winter Penguin
Other: STAMPlorations Christmas Reindeer stencil, Papermania Holographic embossing powder, Papermania Seafoam White embossing powder



10 comments:

Creating with Susan said...

I love the watercolor background - beautiful card!!

Leslee said...

Your pink and green background lookss awesome with the white reindeer!

Bonnie T. said...

Oh, I love it! A beautiful reindeer against all of that pink and green. So pretty!

Bonnie said...

I love how your reindeer sparkles and that gorgeous watercolor background! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Ina G said...

Love how your water colour background turned out especially in that hot pink and green. Your reindeer looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week

Nancy said...

Sensational card! I am so very impressed! Thanks for joining us over at Just Us Girls for trend week!

Maria said...

Great card! Love that watercolored look and the non-traditional colors are great! Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This card turned out beautifully, I love the colours and effect that inking through the stencil has made. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Lorraine DT

Mandy LaCroix said...

Super cool technique! I love this! Bravo!

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love the watercolouring!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x