Sunday 15 November 2015

Kraft candles


Onwards and upwards we go with blog post two of the day. It's funny how your favourite crafting supplies change over time. I have so many stamp sets I no longer use, nor do I think I will ever use them again. I really need to put them on Ebay, hopefully I could get rid of them in a better way tham just throwing them in the trash. I have removed quite a bit of no-longer wanted crafting supplies from my craft room to make room for the things I really like and use a lot. I was re-organising my stamps as I finally received my order of more stamp storage pockets from Avery Elle, and I how have my new Lawn Fawn and STAMPlorations stamps all organised and in their own baskets in my craft room. 

When I was organising my stamps I realised I hadn't yet had a chance to play with my Christmas Candles stamp from STAMPlorations. And I thought it would be perfect for The Challenge where the theme is to use Red, White, Kraft and Silver. I'm also playing along with the Silver theme over at Inkspirational, the Precious Metals theme over at CAS-ual Fridays, the Kraft or Buttons theme over at Crimbo Crackers, the CAS theme over at The Glory of Christmas challenge and the STAMPlorations Anything Goes challenge.




I stamped the Christmas Candles and sentiment in Versamark onto kraft card and heat embossed them in silver. I used Tim Holtz distress inks to colour the poinsettias red, and Stampin' Up Whisper White ink to colour the candles. Then all that was needed was to simply use a Stitched Rectangle die to cut out the main panel and adhere it onto Real Red cardstock with foam adhesive.

Card: Stampin' Up Real Red, kraft card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Holiday Sketches Christmas Candles
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark, Tim Holtz distress inks Festive Berries, Fired Brick, Stampin' Up Whisper White 
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies, Papermania Silver embossing powder

8 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

That is stunning. Don't know what more I can say, it's beautiful! x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh WOW!! this card is gorgeous, I love the contrast of the craft card stock and the silver embossing, your coloring of this candles and poinsettias is amazing.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Kim M said...

Beautiful card! Love how you used this set. The silver embossing worked out great and I love it on the kraft paper. Thanks for joining us over at Inkspirational! :-)

Geri said...

Wow! You have showcased this stamp in one INCREDIBLE way!!! The silver candles are stunning and so eye-catching! Thanks for sharing with us at 'the challenge' :)

Claire said...

I'm always a sucker for Christmas cards using red and kraft - this one is no exception. The silver embossing give a really elegant feel and I love the way you have coloured the candles. Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Shery Russ said...

The silver embossing on kraft looks stunning, Karola! And the red only makes everything pop! This is one awesome card -- might have to CASE it if I ever get a chance to spend a longer time at the craft table. So wonderful to see this beauty in the STAMPlorations gallery. Hugs!

Shona Chambers said...

I know what you mean about changing our craft favourites. I have a shelf filled with all sorts of things I won't use anymore but don't want to pass on incase it comes back into a trend again!! Your card is such a perfectly CAS creation and I love the silver on kraft cardstock. So very glad you shared this with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Shelly said...

Oooh, this is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!