Thursday 5 November 2015

Get well soon


Just a very quick post today to publish a cute card I made earlier. I guess spending several days at home with a cold inspires you to make a get well soon card... I have created this card for the current Lawnscaping challenge where the theme is "Thinking of You". I thought the cute little party animals carrying a hot cuppa and a heart would be perfect to cheer up someone who isn't feeling well. The layout was inspired by the sketch over at CAS on Sunday, and the colours by this week's ColourQ. 





I started by brushing some water onto watercolour card that I had cut with a stitched die. I then added some Tim Holtz distress inks in Picked Raspberry and Mermaid Lagoon, and angled the card all different ways to spread the inks and make the blend. I also splattered some ink around on the card base. I stamped the cute little critters onto white cardstock, coloured with Copics and die cut using the matching dies. I stamped the sentiment in black, and attached the critters to the watercoloured panel. I created the background by stamping the Thinking About You sentiment multiple times onto the cardstock, and adhered the front panel using foam tape.

Card: 300 gsm white card, 300 gsm watercolour paper
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Party Animal, Holiday Party Animal and matching dies, Scripty Sayings
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Basic Gray, Tim Holtz distress inks Picked Raspberry, Mermaid Lagoon
Colouring: Copics
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies

4 comments:

anja curvers said...

How cute love those stamps. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

This is so ADORABLE! I love your watercolored bg! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at Lawnscaping, hugs, Karin

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute pair they are, this is terrific! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Zw@@n said...

So cute, this card! Lovely stamps and colours. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma