Saturday 28 November 2015

Flamingo a go-go


Wow this work stuff really gets in the way of the nice things in life, doesn't it. I am so happy it's the weekend, so I can have some crafty time. Last night as I got home I found a nice little parcel waiting for me. A while ago I won a gift certificate for Your Next Stamp, and after much to-ing and fro-ing, I picked my stamp sets. And as soon as this cheery little flamingo friend popped out of the envelope I had to take him out for a little play. 

I was inspired by the very flamingo-y colours over at Colour Me...! this week as well as the similarly flamingo-y colours over at Just Us Girls, where I wasn't so much inspired by the Christmas theme as I was by the pink and silver colours. I'm also linking up over at ABC Challenges where V is for Violet, The Crafty Addicts where the theme is Anything Goes/Use Die cuts, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where Anything Goes this week and In The Pink where the theme is Your Favourite Stamp (they say it's ok to use your current favourite stamp, and I'm happy enough to go with that!)


For the card, I used my favourite technique - watercolouring - to create the background. I started by die cutting a panel from watercolour paper, and brushed loads of water onto the paper. I then added Distress Inks in Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves and even more water and spread the ink around by tilting the paper. Last, I flicked some ink onto the card. Then I stamped the flamingo onto white card, coloured using Copics and fussy cut him. I also die cut two Congrats sentiments in purple and pink and attached them along with the flamingo onto the background. Last, I added some silver sequins. 


For the tag, I stamped the flamingo onto hammered white card, coloured with Copics and die cut using the Lawn Fawn Tag You're It die. Next, I used some ink that was left over from the card, and smudged it around the flamingo. Last, I added some sequins, ribbon and twine. 


Card: 300 gsm watercolour paper, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, scraps of 240 gsm card in bright purple and pink, Hammered white 300 gsm card
Stamps: You Next Stamp Fred and Ginger
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves
Colouring: Copics R34, RV29
Other: Lawn Fawn Scripty Congrats, Tag You're It and Stitched Rectangle Dies, silver sequins, ribbon and twine from my stash


5 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Pink is perfect for flamingo!! I love the inking! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Vicki Dutcher said...

CUTE choice of set -- Love your inspired card. Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Jinny Newlin said...

Ever so cute, and an absolutely perfect take on our color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Colour Me...!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

This so adorable! Perfect work on our palette. Thank you for playing along with Colour Me this week!

Nancy said...

Oh this tag and card just makes me smile...so gosh darn cute! Thanks for taking the time to join us at Just Us Girls this week! You nailed the colors too...btw!