Sunday 25 October 2015

Fall Flowers


Finally a gorgeous sunny autumn day! I have been waiting to take a bikeride with my camera in my backpack and shoot some autumn colours. I spent a nice two hours leisurely cycling around, stopping for photos, with the Culinary Consultant patiently waiting and holding my bag. In less good news, it's probably a good idea to charge the camera battery before heading off for a morning of shooting. Yes, I only managed about halfway and then the battery gave up. Oh well, hopefully I won't make that mistake again anytime soon!

Some autumn colours from today's cycle ride.
I also enjoyed hopping along with the STAMPlorations October Stamp release blog hop which featured some amazing flower stamps and stunning inspiration from the DT. And along with the hop, there is a flower themed challenge as well, and of course I couldn't resist playing along using one of STAMPloration's stunning flower stamps. I was inspired by this card by Shirley in the STAMPlorations CASE playground. I was also inspired by the sketch over at RetroSketches, and I was hell bent on using some washi tape for the three stripes at the bottom of the sketch. Alas, I just couldn't make it work, so I had to pursue another idea, which luckily worked a bit better. I'm also linking up with the STAMPlorations Anything Goes challenge. 




The card was rather easy to create, I stamped the flower in Versamark and heat embossed using white powder. I watercoloured the flower using Tim Holtz distress inks in Fossilized Amber, Mustard Seed, Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick. Then I masked the flower, and inked up part of the Stampin' Up Brushstrokes stamp with markers and stamped the stripes for the background. Then I flicked some ink on the top of the card, and last I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from STAMPlorations Floral Bliss. 

Card: kraft card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Large Marigold, Floral Bliss, Stampin' Up Brushstrokes
Ink: Versamark, Tim Holtz Fossilized Amber, Mustard Seed, Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Aged Mahogany and Fired Brick
Other: Papermania Seafoam White embossing powder

2 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty colored flower!

Deepti said...

This is beautiful! Fab coloring :) so glad you played at CASEplorations !