Friday 10 July 2015

Happy birthday over the rainbow


I made myself extremely proud the other day as I managed to change the light bulb on my car light. Without any help whatsoever from the Culinary Consultant. I was so proud of myself I skipped back into the house from the driveway. It may be a bit silly, but cars are such a mystery to me even small things make me feel very accomplished.

I have felt a bit less accomplished in the craft room this week as last night was the first time all week I had some time to craft. I just received the Lawn Fawn Rainbow die, so of course I had to give it a trial run. I thought a little birthday scene above the clouds would be perfect for the current Lawnscaping challenge where the theme is Sparkle and Shine. I would also like to link up with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Furry Friends. I'm not sure if dragons are furry, but unicorns certainly are! I'm also linking up with Time Out Challenges where the theme is Nature with an added twist of animals. Again, I'm sure unicorns and dragons are animals, even if imaginary ones.

Card: 300 gsm white hammered card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After, Year Four, Hats Off To You and matching dies
Colouring: Copics
Other: Lawn Fawn Rainbow and Happy Birthday Border dies, Ranger Ice stickles, Papermania adhesive gems from my stash

6 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Talk about a party on a card! This is a rainbow-filled eclectic, whimsical design of wonderness! If you don't smile after seeing this card, something is wrong with you! I had to laugh at the skipping bit. Congrats on changing the light bulb and starting to figure out the mysteries of the automobile. ;)

Roxanne O'Brien said...

I love all the sparkly elements and the bright colors on this card! Amazing job. Thank you for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges! -Roxanne

P.S. Please add the Lawnscaping badge to your actual blog post to be eligible to win!

Teresa Kline said...

fun and colorful card! I am so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!\

I am having a month long weekly Simon Says Stamp gift card giveaway on my blog to celebrate my birthday, stop by and comment for your chance at winning!

sparkle & shine *~*

Unknown said...

I just love the rainbow colors!! & the stripy sentiment is amazing!! Such a fun card!!:)

Elise C. said...

This is such a cute card! The glittery rainbow is so pretty!! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

Lisa Kind said...

I wouldn't even try to do anything with my car but add gas and washer fluid, so kudos to you! And unicorns and dragons would count as animals in my book! Very cute card! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!