Thursday 2 October 2014

Joy to the sketch

I guess by now you all wish I had never bought the Joy to the Woods stamp set and are bored to death seeing it so many times here on the blog recently. But every time I see a vertical element in a sketch my thoughts turn to those tree trunks... So once more, some cute critters and very straight tree trunks as inspired by this week's CAS(E) this Sketch. I'm also entering over at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge where the theme is Finishing touches. My finishing touch to this card was the red bird sitting on the banner, as the card looked like it needed a final touch before I added the bird. Last but not least I'm entering over at the ABC Christmas Challenge where T is for Tree Ornament.
This time I used Tim Holtz distress markers to colour the critters, and die cut them using the matching die set. I used a snowflake from another Lawn Fawn stamp set to stamp the snow in the background. I love the slightly untraditional look of the Christmas cards created with this set, but it also makes such a great autumn set and probably in the summer I will be inspired to make cards with the critters frolicking around in a green forest landscape instead. I also stamped some Christmas decorations inside the card and coloured in the same colour scheme as the front of the card.
Card: Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm white card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Joy to the Woods, Critters in the Arctic
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Soft Sky
Colouring: Tim Holtz distress markes in Ripe Persimmon, Barn Door, Broken China, Tea Dye and Stampin' Write marker in Chocolate Chip and Smoky Slate
Other: Lawn Fawn Joy to the Woods Die




4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

This is absolutely incredible! Totally believe I'd see a Pink Unicorn in these magical woods!!
=] Michele

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your take on the sketch! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

oh, i am loving this!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Helen said...

Fabulous card! Love the inside too!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x