Sunday 15 June 2014

Another male card - birthday


I'm on a roll with the male cards! I won the bid for this great Tim Holtz The Journey stamp set on eBay, and it is perfect for easy male cards. This is a birthday card for someone in the family who loves old cars, so I thought it would be perfect. I picked a neutral colour scheme and my favourite Tim Holtz ink - Vintage Photo. It is just the most perfect brown.

I am entering the card in two male themed challenges: The Pink Elephant challenge, Papertake weekly, and the Cardmaking and Papercraft challenge.

I stamped the car and sentiment in Vintage Photo onto beige cardstock. I distressed the cardstock edges using scissors and inked with Vintage Photo. I matted onto darker brown cardstock from my stash, and distressed the edges with Walnut Stain. I created the background by randomly stamping the other stamps in Stampin' Up Sahara Sand and added a bit of Gorgeous Grunge for that added aged feel. I created the banners using the Stampin' Up set Banner Blast in Vintage Photo and punched them with the matching punch. I also stamped the banners on the envelope  and punched some more banners for the inside of the card. To finish off, I die cut the numbers and added them to the card.

Inside of the card and the envelope.
Card: A4 coloured craft card in beige, brown cardstock from my stash
Stamps: Tim Holtz stampers anonymous The Journey, Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge, Banner Blast
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress ink in Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain, Stampin' Up Sahara Sand
Other: Stampin' Up Banner punch, Tim Holtz Alterations inside out alphabet die

No comments: