Thursday 3 April 2014

Happy Birthday Simon!

This week's Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge blog is Happy Birthday as they are celebrating five years of challenges. Not only is it a great reason to celebrate, but they are also giving away a $100 gift card for simonsaysstamp.com. Who wouldn't love that? And it seems like I'm not the only one thinking it's worth participating as there is already close to a hundred participants after only two days. So this one will probably just disappear in the multitude of beautiful cards, but I still wanted to participate. And I am quite happy with what I created, I really like colouring with Distress Markers, I particularly like the Seasonal Colours which are so bright yet turn lovely and soft when blended with the water brush.


For inspiration, I was asking myself what would Simon like to do on his birthday? And obviously realised that nothing could be better than partying with Critters Ever After (can you tell I love this stamp set??). I made a box card according to this tutorial from Monica's passions. I used papers from the Papermania Happy Birthday To You stack to cover the box. I then stamped the critters using StazOn Jet Black ink onto Watercolour paper and coloured them using Tim Holtz Distress markers in Seasonal Colours and a water brush. I fussycut the critters, and hand painted the rainbow. To finish, I die cut the sentiment from paper scraps using the Tim Holtz inside out alphabet die. Happy fifth birthday to Simon's challenges!


The card folds together and fits in a regular 6x6 in envelope.

Card: Stampin' Up Rose Red cardstock and random scraps from my stash, Daler & Rowney 190 gsm watercolour paper
Paper: Papermania Happy Birthday To You
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After
Inks: Tsukineko StazOn Jet Black, Tim Holtz distress markers Seasonal Colors
Other: Tim Holtz Alterations Inside Out alphabet die, water brush

2 comments:

debby4000 said...

Adorable card box, such pretty colours and images, nice to see other images instead of just flowers in a box.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Debby

Lisa Mensing said...

So pretty! Love the colors and whimsical feel. Thank you for joining us at CIO.