Tuesday 1 April 2014

Buttons


Could someone please give me a few more hours in the day? So many amazing crafting challenges out there, and so little time to craft. But I guess I have to accept that this time of year gardening takes priority over crafting. And I did manage to finish one challenge card. This week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is "Anything goes with buttons". I'm not very big on buttons in general, as I send many of my cards back home to Finland, and it's not as expensive to send flat ones, so I don't usually bother with buttons. However, I do have a button die, and an endless supply of small paper scraps that I keep saving "just in case" so I loved that this challenge gave me an opportunity to get rid of a few of those scraps and do something useful with them. 


The card itself is quite simple. Lots of die cut buttons, a bit of Vintage Photo Distress ink around the edges, the back panel is embossed using a Tim Holtz folder and sponged with a bit of distress inks around the edges. I printed the sentiments and matted onto pink (scrap) banners and finished off with a bit of Distress Stickles and one real button. The stickles don't show up that good in the picture, but they are there and look nice and bring a little bit of subtle bling. 

Cardstock: Leonardo Stationery 350 gsm Smooth White Card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Inks: Tim Holtz distress inks Antique Linen, Pumice Stone and Vintage Photo
Other: Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folder, Nellie's multiframe's MFD020 die, lots of scrap pieces of paper and cardstock, Stampin' Up Sycamore Street designer buttons, Tim Holtz distress stickles in various colors






1 comment:

debby4000 said...

Absolutely brilliant button card what a fab way of using up scraps.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby