Sunday 6 April 2014

Birthday card for a star


Today's card is a birthday card for a friend of mine who has a birthday coming up shortly. She is a wonderful person, always there to help when you need anything. She always hosts me when I'm visiting home if I need a place to stay, despite being busy with her home and family. In short, she is a star. I got the inspiration for this card from a few different places. The colour combo is from this week's Color Throwdown as well as this week's Muse challenge. The star theme is also from Muse. The layout is from this week's Retro Sketch challenge

 
 

I used the Stampin' Up Sprinkled Expressions stamp set, a set which I was trying very hard to buy on Ebay for a long time. And as the story goes, once I managed to secure it I have hardly used it since. But it's such a great set and I particularly love to use it by colouring with markers so that you get multi-coloured images. I also used some Dovecraft Designer Paper which I had almost forgotten I had. Once again a reminder how a rummage across websites and then in your own stash can result in a stroke of inspiration. 

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Pool Party and Pear Pizzazz, Leonardo Stationery 350 gsm Smooth White Card
Stamps: Stampin' Up Sprinkled Expressions
Paper: Dovecraft Back to Basics II Designer Paper Pack
Inks: Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight and Pool Party ink and markers
Other: Tim Holtz Alterations Inside Out alphabet die and Vintage Lace die, green ribbon from my stash, Papermania Adhesive Gems in Capsule Verde

3 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love your use of all the stars! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

Ohhh . . . love the star stamp! The card is perfect for all the challenges :)

Joan Ervin said...

Beautiful use of the CTD colors and I'm sooo lovin all the stars!!! Your friend will love it, too!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!