Friday 14 March 2014

Pink and Swallowtail

Oh dear, I just realised it's been quite a while since my last blog post. I have several cards in the making, but my longer commute to work doesn't leave much crafting time. I haven't even had a chance to play with all of my new goodies from Stampin' Up from several weeks ago. And today, I got the first Cardmaking&Papercraft magazine with lovely goodies as well. My dear former colleagues got me a year's subscription of the magazine as a leaving present, and they couldn't have got me a more thoughtful present, I absolutely love it. It's such a luxury I would never have gotten myself, but now I get a new magazine plopping in through my mailbox for the next year, and every time, I will think fondly of my lovely ex-colleagues.

On to today's card. I fell in love with the Swallowtail stamp as soon as I saw it. It is so incredibly detailed, and also very versatile. In fact, it was one of the first Stampin' Up stamps I ever bought. Here, I used it for a Birthday Card. I stamped the swallowtail onto vellum using Distress embossing ink and embossed using a white embossing powder. For the background, I used a paper from the Stampin' Up Sunshine and Bright Skies DSP, and matted it onto a pink cardstock from the Papermania Red capsule kit.

Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink
Stamps: Stampin' Up Swallowtail, Hobbycraft Clear Stamps General Sentiments
Cardstock: Craft UK Kraft card 6x6 in, Papermania Sizzling Red Hot set
Paper: Stampin' Up Sunshine and Sprinkles, Dovecraft Premium Vellum 110 gsm
Other: Papermania Seafoam White Embossing Powder, Stampin' Up adhesive gems

No comments: